Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions were last updated on Nov.1, 2004
Your agreement with Worldhomestay
The following terms and conditions of use constitute a legal agreement between you ( student, visitor etc.)And Worldhomestay("WE" OR "OUR" or “company”). Please read this agreement in its entirety before you continue to use this website. By using this website, you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions of this agreement. If you do not agree, do not click the accept box during registration. To decline or not accept this agreement, discontinue using the site.
Acceptance of terms
The terms and conditions may be updated from time to time, without notification. You are responsible for ensuring you are familiar with the latest terms and conditions.
All services provided by Worldhomestay are provided "AS-IS, WHERE -IS ". Worldhomestay assumes no responsibility for the timeliness of communications, the mis-delivery of information, the availability of the service, or the misconduct of any of its members.
No responsibility is assumed by Worldhomestay for the content of any of the data held by Worldhomestay. Members are responsible for ensuring that the information that is entered does not breech any copywrite, intellectual property, obscenity or other laws relating to the written word in printed or electronic form.
Worldhomestay reserves the right to deny access, remove a host's or guest profile and any other information entered by the members.
Worldhomestay takes no responsibility for any lack of system availability, and Worldhomestay assumes no responsibility for the corruption of any of the data held by Worldhomestay.
Worldhomestay does not guarantee placement for any guest, nor does it guarantee a guest placement for any host.
Your obligations as a member
As a member of Worldhomestay, you agree to the terms and conditions set out in this document. Your obligations as a user and member of Worldhomestay are:
- You will provide complete and accurate personal information when registering to use the service.
- You shall not attempt to damage or harm the Worldhomestay site or services.
- You shall not enter obscene or objectionable material on the Worldhomestay website. This includes messages, images, the information in your profile or any other form of information that can be entered on the website.
Worldhomestay will be the sole judge of what is considered obscene or objectionable.
- The Worldhomestay website shall not be used by its members to advertise or promote products or services. Worldhomestay may remove the member from, and deny the member from access to the website.
In the event of a member being banned or removed from the website, any unused subscription time or referral money earned will not be refunded to the member.
- The member has to be over 18 years old. If you are under 18 years old, your parents or guardian will need to agree to these terms and conditions on your behalf and if you go overseas you must have a guardian who will take care of you there.
You expressly understand and agree that:
- Your use of Worldhomestay is at your sole and absolute risk. Worldhomestay expressly disclaims all warranties, express or implied, including, but not limited to, any warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement.
- Worldhomestay makes no warranty that 1) the services provided will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error free, 2) that the information provided on the site is error-free or reliable, 3) the quality of the products or services obtained through Worldhomestay will meet your requirements.
- No advice or information that is obtained by you from Worldhomestay or otherwise shall create any warranty not expressly stated in the Terms and Conditions.
Limitation of liability
You expressly understand and agree that:
- Worldhomestay shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including but not limited to, damages for loss of profit, goodwill, use, data, or other intangible losses that result from the service, or the inability to access the service in any way, shape or form.
- Worldhomestay shall not be liable for any loss, damage or misadventure you may suffer in the host family house, or elsewhere.
- Worldhomestay shall not be liable for the cost of procurement of substitute goods or services resulting from services provided by Worldhomestay.
- Worldhomestay shall not be liable for the conduct or statements of other third parties to the service.
- By accepting the foregoing you shall hold harmless WorldHomestay, its affiliates, employees, visitors, owners, and any and all other business related parties from any and all liability.
Agreement and Release:
I, the undersigned by clicking the accept button below, have read, understand and accept all the terms and conditions of this contract which are listed above on this Agreement. I fully accept the terms and conditions and agree to assume any and all risk for any loss, injury, damage, accident, delay or expense. I acknowledge that I waive any and all claims against Worldhomestay, its agents and employees, and agree to indemnify Worldhomestay from any litigation arising from either host or student/visitor. I agree to not hold Worldhomestay responsible for any loss of any type or nature from any cause( without limitation) acts of God, wars, strikes, incidents of politically motivated violence, sickness or quarantine, government restrictions or regulations.
I understand that both hosts and student rely on the applications to be true, honest, and accurate. Worldhomestay’s screening of applicants is limited to the information being supplied by the student or host and ultimately the information cannot be guaranteed or confirmed.
I understand that I am responsible for exercising due caution and common sense at all times, if a student should become ill and require emergency treatment dial 911. I indemnify Worldhomestay, its agents and employees, and hold harmless for any financial liability or obligation which I personally incur, or injury or damage to the person or property of others.
The host accepts full responsibility and risk for any injury the Host may incur, any damage to the Hosts property arising form a placement. The Host releases and forever discharges Worldhomestay , its employees, its respective owners, and agents from all actions, causes of actions, suits, claims, or demands whatsoever, that may arise form the Hosts participation in the Homestay program.
I agree that any dispute under this agreement will be filed in the northwest district of the superior court for the county of Los Angeles and will be determined under California law.